|Online bidding at
Sunset Online Auctions & Sales
|Serving buyers & sellers since January 2000
- A buyer's premium of 19% will be added to the "hammer price" of each lot. A buyer's premium is taxable
- Successful bidders should make full payment and pick up item(s) within 48 hours following the auction
unless shipping arrangements have been made. Lots not claimed by 6:00 pm by the third day following
the auction will have a 5% handling surcharge added to the buyer's premium as described in item one
above. At the discretion of Sunset Auction, Items unclaimed may be resold at a future auction at the full
commission. Bidders may realize a gain or loss on sale. Lack of payment may also result in the removal
of bidding privileges and removal of access to on line bidding pages.
- All items are sold "AS IS WHERE IS"......ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Bidders are responsible for previewing
merchandise before bidding. Contact a Sunset Auction professional to inquire about physical condition of
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any unreasonable bid and has the option to sell or not to sell
on one bid only - auctions are defined as sale by competitive bidding.
- Auctioneer reserves the right to re-open the bidding if she/he determines that a bid(by whatever means
offered) was in place as the "hammer was falling"
- Auctioneer reserves the right to: consolidate or split lots, without notice, to withdraw lots prior to sale of
- All descriptions and counts are believed to be correct. However, Sunset Auction will not be responsible
for errors in nomenclature or count. Bidders are responsible for previewing items before bidding.
- Sales tax must be paid on all taxable items. Dealers who purchase for resale must file their resale
permit numbers. The Buyer's premium is taxable.
- We accept cash, Mastercard, Visa, Discover Card, American Express, wire transfer and paypal.
|ONLINE PREVIEW, BIDDING OR REGISTRATION
WHEN REGISTERING, PLEASE NOTE YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION CODE. Select a code that
you will remember such as the last 4 digits of a phone number. The code is not retrievable
REPEAT - DON'T LOOSE OR FORGET YOUR PERSONAL ID CODE. WE HAVE NO ACCESS TO IT.
One easy to remember option is to use the last 4 digits of your phone number
REMEMBER TO CHECK YOU SPAM BOX ON YOUR EMAIL IF YOU DON'T SEE A RESPONSE TO YOUR REGISTRATION
| ONLINE BIDDING TIPS
To leave the auction page we recommend using the log out button located at the bottom of the page
- Don't spend to much time on your decision to bid as the auction moves at a fast pace...Due to intrinsic delays in the Internet, the lot may
close before your bid is accepted.... Auctions move at a fast pace.
- Our system operator can see your bid within milliseconds. We suggest that you place a few bids while the price is rising on items you
desire. This gives our clerk a "notification of interest"
- To leave the auction page we recommend using the log out button located at the bottom of the page
- If you get bumped off the site you may log back in with your email and pass code
- too many mouse clicks could cause a delay in your bids
|We offer this service as a convenience to our customers. Sunset Auction will not be held responsible for errors, failure
to execute bids, or Internet delays. All bids accepted will be executed subject to our conditions of sale and information for
bidders as published on the "buying" tab at the top of this page. 19% buyer's premium in effect
|Live & online auctions - Antiques - Collectibles - Jewelry - Decorative Arts - Home Decor - Furnishings - Estate Sales - Private Sales
|About real time online live bidding
This allows internet bidders to compete online
against other online bidders and absentee bids.
New user's will fill out an online bidder registration
form and respond to an email verification. The log in
screen will be available approximately 1/2 hour
before the auction starts. You may also log in or
register while the auction is in progress. Problems?
About online absentee sealed bids
Online absentee bids may be placed until the
real time auction begins. After the auction
starts, you may place absentee bids by phone/in
person up until the lot is "on the block".
Sealed bids are kept secret from other bidders.
Registration is not required for online absentee
bidding. Remember the name and pass phrase
you use as it can be used to delete or revise
previous left bids.
Registration is not required for placement of absentee sealed bids.
Registration will be required to bid live real time as the lots are on the block